Modified Bitumen Roofing in Mississauga
If you are in the market for a long-lasting roofing material for your Mississauga commercial building, you can’t go wrong with modified bitumen. Modified bitumen is a type of asphalt product that can be applied in a number of ways and that has proven its resiliency in both extreme heat and cold. It is seen by many in the industry as the modern alternative to the traditional built-up roof and it continues to be one of the most popular roofing materials around.
Modified bitumen roofing can offer many benefits to many different types of commercial buildings, but it all begins with proper installation. And the only way you can be sure that the material has been properly installed is by enlisting the help of Commercial Industrial Roofing By Available Roofing By Available Roofing’s professional roofers.
Commercial Industrial Roofing By Available Roofing By Available Roofing has been helping install, maintain and repair modified bitumen for local commercial buildings all over the Mississauga area. If you want to make the switch to a low-maintenance and rugged roofing material, please call Commercial Industrial Roofing By Available Roofing By Available Roofing today to receive a free quote on our modified bitumen roofing services.
Installing Modified Bitumen Roofs
There are two main forms of installing modified bitumen roofs: the torch-down installation and peel-and-stick.
Because this method uses fire around petroleum products, it can be very dangerous and we certainly can’t endorse anyone but a trained professional to complete this task.
When you choose Commercial Industrial Roofing By Available Roofing By Available Roofing to do the torch-down installation of a new modified bitumen roof, we will:
- 1. Ensure that the flat roof of your commercial property is totally clear of debris.
- 2. Install heavy roofing felt over top your decking, old roof or insulation, using cap nails to secure it.
- 3. Install drip edge flashing and apply a prime so that the roofing will adhere to it.
- 4. Roll out a sheet of roofing, allowing an overhang and cutting it.
- 5. Adjust the roofing so it overhangs the flashing by approximately half an inch while making sure that it is perfectly flat. Then roll the roofing back up tightly, half way.
- 6. Use the propane torch along the creases, gently rolling the roofing forward as it bubbles.
- 7. Align the next sheet so that it covers the edge of the first sheet by a few inches and repeat the process.
- 8. Press down on the seams between the two sheets to ensure a tight seal.
- 9. Repeat the process until the rest of your roof is flat.
Because there is no fire involved, this method is better suited for do-it-yourself jobs. However, a professional has so much experience with these installations that hiring one is a good idea to minimize the amount of maintenance you’ll need to provide it later.
The installation process is basically the same as the other except that you use a weighted roller to roll over the entire surface while making sure it doesn’t overlap. Then the edges are sealed with roofing cement.
If you are at all overwhelmed by the installation processes outlined, please feel free to give us a call and we’ll be happy to handle it for you at an affordable price.